Furthering ESG awareness as an integral part of SwanCap’s investment activities
The United Nations supported Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) Initiative is an international network of investors working together to put the following six principles for responsible investment into practice;
- Incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- Be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- Seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- Promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- Work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- Report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.
The PRI’s goal is to understand the implications of Environmental, Social and Governance issues (ESG) for investors and support signatories to incorporate these issues into their investment decision making and ownership practices. In implementing the principles, signatories contribute to the development of a more sustainable global financial system. The PRI is an investor initiative in partnership with UNEP Finance Initiative and United Nations Global Compact. For more information on the PRI please visit www.unpri.org.
“Becoming a signatory to the PRI is a further expression of our commitment to responsible investing and an important milestone for SwanCap”, said Dr. Andreas Bohn, Co-CEO of SwanCap Partners.
SwanCap Partner’s other Co-CEO, Dr. Florian Kreitmeier said: “As an active investor in private equity funds and direct co-investments we recognise our responsibility to consider the ESG-impacts of our activities”.
“Increasingly, private equity firms are recognising the benefits of sustainable business practices,” said Fiona Reynolds, managing director of the PRI. “SwanCap has already demonstrated a strong commitment to integrating ESG across the whole of the investment process, which places them among the leaders in this sector. We are delighted to welcome them to the PRI.”